Thursday, January 13, 2011
New Year, New Goal 8:07 AM

With the new year, my new goal is to blog at least once a week. I need people to hold me to it! Last year was a really, really busy year! I am super active with my MOMS group at Church, my MOPS group, handicrafters at church and now I'm involved in CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish). I've met some really great friends and am keeping busy with the kids schedules, playdates, errands, laundry, etc. Juan has had a busy year as well, getting ready to deploy in June, he has been doing crazy work-ups. Gone for a week here, a month there, 6 weeks here. He's actually leaving again for 5 weeks in a few days. He will be on an air craft carrier, getting used to life back out to sea.

Brandon has been loving school. He just got an award for perfect attendance for the first half of the year. If he had to miss a day of school he would be devastated. He had 2 1/2 weeks off of school over Christmas break and kept talking about how he couldn't wait to go back to school. The first day back after break he was jumping up and down with joy. I hope his attitude towards school stays that way for a LONG time! I was lucky enough to go on a field trip with his class to see The Nutcracker. He was a little scared when it got dark and loud, but eventually ended up enjoying the show! It was nice to see him in action with all his school friends as well. He's Mr. Popular in that class!!

Brandon also just celebrated his 4th birthday! I can't believe we have a 4 year old!! He is such a nice kid and a nice big brother. He will almost always share and he tries to take care of Colin. He is very artistic and still loves to do puzzles and is now into playing games. He still LOVES going to the park and can't get enough of slides. The higher, more twistier, the better! He is all boy!! He still loves Thomas, Curious George and Diego. Now is also into Dinosaurs and Toy Story. He had a train birthday party with an actual train for him and all of his friends to ride. It was a great time!

Colin is 2 1/2 now. He is definitely in his terrible twos, but is still my sweet little guy. He is so smart, remembers everything and anything, talks up a storm and looks up to his big brother. I've caught him many times imitating Brandon. He is big into sweets and candy (oh no!!). He LOVES his "buddies"...they are all of his stuffed animals that he wants to have in his bed. I think I tried to count how many he had the other day and I stopped counting at 47 when his bed was overflowing. I keep trying to tell him to keep some in the basket by his bed, but he wants them ALL! Too funny. Right before Christmas, he transitioned into a toddler bed! He was definitely ready for it! I thought it would be more challenging than it was, but he took to it right away. A few times I have caught him sneaking out, but usually he'll get back in. He still loves to sleep! I'm starting to look into sending him to a pre-school for the fall. Just a few days a week. I think he will enjoy that.

That is all for now. The next entry will have all the pictures from the holidays.

Happy New Year everyone!!

2 left a comment
Welcome

Welcome to our family blog where you will find updates on what we’re doing, captures of our favorite moments in photos or on video, and tons of love!

My Flickr

robin_toole. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Recent Posts

  • long time, no blog...
  • Broken Ankle
  • Brandon's last day of school
  • POOL FUN
  • Happy Birthday Colin!!
  • Colin's house
  • The Little Gym
  • Happy Easter!
  • Colin's playdate Easter Egg Hunt
  • Indian Rocks Beach with the Cipollas


  • Archive



    Hot Stuff!!

    My Flickr Pictures
    My Webshots Pictures
    My Facebook Page


    Blogs I Read

    Brandi
    Cara
    Christine
    Erin
    Helen
    Hollie
    Jahnae
    Jen
    Jenn
    Kerri
    Lace
    Lauren
    Liana
    Maria
    Matt
    Michelle
    Sasha
    Shara
    Samantha
    Stephanie
    Tamara
    ten23designs
    Thea
    Tracie
    Tricia
    Vanessa
    Wes

    ♥ Quote of the Day ♥

    ♥ My Shelfari Bookshelf ♥

    Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
    ♥ My Facebook ♥

    Robin Toole's Facebook profile
    ♥ Geocaches ♥

    Profile for jrtooles
    ♥ The Boys ♥

    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers